Friday, January 30, 2015

3 Quick Reviews! BB Cream, Micellar Water and They're Real!


I just wanted to a quick review of three products I've been using a lot of recently and how I'm using them.  The Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in light, the Benefit They're Real! Mascara in black, and the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water.  The BB Cream and Mascara I got in my Sephora Must Haves of little bag I bought in November and hadn't used too much until now and the Micellar water I've had all month and got at Target.

So lets start with the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in light. I was really excited to get this in my little Sephora bag but when I first tried to use it I didn't like it. I felt like by itself over my regular moisturizer is just sat on my face and never melted in. I looked extremely made up and it just wasn't what I wanted.  At this time the only BB cream I was liking was my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream that had been discontinued. This was also before my IT Cosmetics CC cream that changed my life.  So I was being kinda picky.  Then a few weeks ago I saw a YouTuber talk about combining products because different parts of your face need different things and I thought hey maybe I can make this BB cream better. I used to mix my Olay BB cream with a NYX Tinted Moisturizer and loved it, so why not.  So I have started using this BB cream in two different ways. Sometimes I'll just mix a little bit in my with my Olay and it works great, I feel like the Olay gives it that extra umph to actually sink into my skin and it helps give my Olay a little more pigment.  The second way I've been using this is after my moisturizer and after my Olay BB cream I'll place this just on my cheeks and around my nose where I have excess redness, this seems to work great too.  I still don't love this BB cream but I've found a way to make it work for me so I can use it.  I wouldn't ever purchase it outright, but I wouldn't not buy another fun kit with it in it just because of it.  On it's own it's $39 and this is a full size I have.

Next the Simple Micellar Water.  I've been hearing about Micellar water for a while now. EssieButton talks about it a lot, you hear about Bioderma and such. But I always got the feeling it was something that was more prominent over seas and not so much in the US.  So just looking at the bottle someone with dry skin would probably be afraid it was something like a Toner but fear not this is not toner.  This is a cleansing water. It feels like water going on the skin, but has super magical powers that cleans and gets off tough mascara.  Afterwards your skin feels lightly hydrated but most importantly clean! Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't take care of my skin as well as someone who wears as much makeup as I do should.  I am a face wipe kinda gal and then I put on moisturizer, I don't like going to the trouble of using my Clarisonic everyday and I probably only exfoliate my face twice a week.  I'm lazy is what it is.  So this adds another step to my routine but it's a step I'm happy to do.  So I use this after my favorite exfoliating face wipes also from Target and most stuff still comes off! It's awesome. I just put a little bit of this water on a face round and go to town. If I'm wearing super strong mascara I may use a second round but usually one round both sides does the trick.  I don't even feel like I have to put my moisturizer on immediately after I use this, I can wait a few minutes which is so nice.  I will definitely be buying this again but probably not for a while, I've been using this all month and I have barely made a dent. It's only $6.99 at Target and Cartwheel usually has a coupon for Simple products once a month so no need to pay full price! If we start to get some other Micellar waters I may try them too but this stuff right now if great.

Last but certainly not least a sample of Benefit's They're Real! Black Mascara. Y'all this stuff is no joke.  Seriously.  I've seen Vloggers talk about this stuff a lot of the last year, it's a very polarizing product. People either love it or hate it. I've heard it doesn't thicken enough, that it lengthens too much and that it's impossible to get off.  I'm going to saw all these things are mostly true.  This is a lengthening mascara and it's a tougher one to get off.  But it's called "They're Real" so it's supposed to be natural looking.  Who in nature has super thick lashes that are also super long...I'll wait...no one. So this gives natural looking length with little volume.  But it's great.  It's also super black and long lasting.  This is where my new Micellar Water comes in handy, if I can't get this stuff off just put a little more water on a cotton round and hold on your lashes for a few seconds and off it comes.  I haven't found my lashes have fallen out or been too dry because of this stuff, so win-win.  I really like this stuff. I also find I don't have to curl my lashes separately because this wand helps lift them up so much. Also put on as many coats as you like because the formula is pretty thin and the wand is very ruberized it's very hard to get too much on your lashes. I've put on 3 coats before without any spider-ing.  Really great stuff.  Now the full size is $23 and as I mentioned before I'm not convinced I need expensive mascara in my life, but since it was a sample I'm happy with it.  But probably wont purchase it again in the future.

So those are my quick 3 reviews.  I'm going to try to do more quick reviews like this in the future, but I did cancel my Ipsy subscription because- I have enough stuff- so it'll probably be stuff I already have, things I'm trying to use up or new drugstore stuff.  Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment