Thursday, December 4, 2014

My favorite YouTube Beauty Vloggers.

So I get asked frequently whose makeup videos I love the most.  That's such a difficult question! I love them all! But there are definitely those people that I got back to over and over again and those videos that I also can watch over and over again.  Here is a brief list of my favorites, but I follow a lot more than just these.

  1. StilaKiss33 The woman who started it all for me! Back in February when I was trying to figure out why all my makeup looked so different on me after I went blonde. I went searching the internet for how to do makeup with blonde hair.  Somehow I found Miss Stila and loved her really down to earth no-nonsense, I'm not perfect but this is how I do it- attitude towards makeup.  I watched basically her entire backlog of videos and have been following her ever since.  Somewhere during the time I started following her and now she adopted a daughter (open adoption- whoop!) and has kinda slowed down on the beauty videos and does a little more lifestyle, but I still love her and will always check out her channel for new stuff.
    1. Stilakiss33 Related Purchases: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, Ipsy Bags (I used her referral code) and Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish in Showtime
  2. EmilyNoel83 Hands down my favorite! Seriously my favorite video blogger/vlogger that I found sometime in March-ish.  She has two channels, her main one that she posts on usually once or twice a week and the her Express channel that she posts Monday-Friday brief 5 minute reviews (with her husband Tyler taking the Friday slot to review man-products). This fabulous lady also recently had a baby but her beauty channel is her job.  Once upon a time she was a TV anchor woman and you can tell by the way she talks which I find adorable.  But she has great tutorials and recommendations. I love her reviews and will watch some of her videos over and over again until I learn. RECOMMEND for anyone looking for beauty videos to watch. 
    1. Emily Related Purchases: ALL my ELF Brushes, Pixi Color Correction, Real Techniques Brushes, Tarte Sweet Indulgences Gift Set, Kate Moss Rimmel Lipsticks and I'm sure more.
  3. Nicole Guerriero. Oh my goodness this lady is fabulous. She does super glam makeup, is from Miami, talks super fast and is just fabulous. I don't know how I found her but she's fantastic.  She's goofy, she's gorgeous and she seems super nice. She's one of those girls who REALLY contours though. If you watch her videos you'll see total transformations, she looks completely different after she's done her makeup.  She has awesome tutorials especially her Halloween looks and she's just a fabulous makeup artist. Of all the people I watch I'd say hers are the most entertaining.
    1. Nicole Related Purchases: Benefit Porefessional, setting sprays, Maybelline Age Rewind and Duo Eyelash Glue
  4. Essiebutton I found Este through another beauty vlogger and am so glad I did.  Este is a Canadian living in London with her boyfriend.  She's gorgeous has a super adorable accent and again just seems like someone you'd want to be friends with.  She is a classic beauty who really just uses products to enhance her beauty. She doesn't cake makeup on, she always looks really natural and she seems like the girl next door who just happens to really like makeup.  She has a vlog channel as well, but this channel is more her beauty stuff.  She's also the vlogger who made me fall in love with Tarte products...so I don't know if that's a good thing but I really enjoy her.
    1. Este Related Purchases: Tarte stuff- especially the blushes.
  5. Last but not least ThriftThick Out of the vloggers I've listed Cassie is the most recent addition there have definitely been a few more after her, but that I can currently consider a favorite she's the more recent one. She is a grad student in Boston and she reminds me a friend from theatre.  I just love her. She's honest, down to earth, living on a budget and looking fabulous.  She loves thrift shopping, art, manga and makeup.  And again is someone I want to be friends with. Also she has an adorable cat.  I enjoy her reviews and I feel like she's very honest and is someone I can relate to more than most of the others.
    1. Cassie Related Purchases: none yet...but she's gotten me more into nail polishes
So there are lots more beauty bloggers that I like and subscribe to actually 23 youtube beauty vloggers total! Some post daily during the week, some post 3 times a week and sometimes it's even less than that. But I'm constantly finding new and interesting people and learning more about makeup. I think all these ladies are gorgeous and look great without makeup, but you can tell they have a passion for makeup and really enjoy talking about it and sharing it with others. I don't think any of them have ever said a woman needs makeup to feel pretty- in fact I think each of them even have at least one video or at least talked about body image- they're cool chicks. 

Without these ladies I wouldn't be so wrapped up in makeup and I most certainly wouldn't be blogging again. It's so funny that a year ago I owned about a 3rd of the makeup that I do now. It's not that I wasn't interested in it, I just had stuff that worked and didn't feel like experimenting. Now that's not the case.  I do feel like at the moment I have what I need, yes there are a few things I really want right now. I have my eye on the Lorac Unzipped palette.  Last week I wanted the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette but I think I've talked myself out of it because I don't like the bronzer.  Next week who knows, a new Matte Tarte palette is coming out soon that looks beautiful, but the last thing I need is more eyeshadow.  So anyways we'll see what the holidays bring.  Till then I'll be watching these ladies on YouTube and trying to learn all their secrets to beautiful makeup...

No comments:

Post a Comment