Here's the process-
- Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in Light to Medium. It's the perfect base it offers beautiful coverage without being drying or looking like heavy makeup.
- Under Eye Concealer- either my Pixi Color Corrector or my IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. Both are super hydrating but the IT Cosmetics is a little light and I usually have to set it, so I only use that when the bags are really unruly.
- Fergie Wet 'n Wild Eyeshadow Prime. I love this stuff! It's cheap and it works great. It's very tacky though so I need to let it dry for at least 2-3 minutes before I pack on the eyeshadow.
- NYX Eyebrow Powder and Wax Pencil. While waiting for my primer to set I use the wax eyebrow pencil to place my brows, then I use the powder to fill in the gaps. The wax helps the powder stay in place and the brows. To apply my brow powder I use my Real Techniques Small Detail brush.
- Oh the eyeshadow process so many steps
- Cream color all over the lid up to the brow- I use either L'Oreal Infallible in Endless Pearl or White Chocolate from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette- I use a flat Real Techniques brush for this
- Next I use a matte warm pale brown to warm up the crease like Salted Caramel from the Chocolate Bar Palette- I use a Maybelline brush I've had for years that doesn't have a name
- Then I layer a darker brown in the crease too but pull it down a little in my Chocolate Bar Palette I'll use Milk Chocolate and Semi-Sweet to build up different shades with the medium shade in the middle and the darker towards the outer v all while staying in the crease- I've been recently using the Up and Up eyes brush duo for this step
- Next I decide if I want to just go smokey brown or burgundy and pick a satin finished brown or burgundy for the outer third of the lid and the lower part of the crease- I use the other Up and Up brush or a real techniques blending brush
- Then I use a shimmery gold for the inner 3rd of the eye like Creme Brulee- I use a classic Sephora pencil brush
- Next I use eyeliner. Depending on how I feel I'll tightline with a brown khol pencil and then use brown gel liner from NYX for the top lash line, if lining the bottom lash line I'll use just a medium brown shadow with a smudger brush
- Next I move on to bronzer and use either my Tarte After Dark bronzer or NYC Bronzer in Sunny with a Real Techniques precision face brush
- Then Blush from either Tarte After Dark or NYX Dusty Rose with an ELF small tappered brush
- Then I highlight with my Tarte After Dark highlighter with an ELF small tappered brush as well
- Next I add mascara. I've been loving my Urban Decay Subversion primer and Perversion mascara. I do mascara after bronzing and highlighting in case a get a little crazy and hit my lashes.
- Then I finish up with lips, depending on how I feel I'll either just throw on a chapstick and call it a day or I love love love my Revlon Matte Balms or Kate Moss Rimmel pink nudes. They have good lasting power and don't stray too much.
Once everything is done I let it sit for a few minutes before topping it off with a setting spray. I have the NYX Dewey Setting spray or a homemade one from water and glycerin. I don't feel like either makes my makeup last any longer but it gets rid of any powdery look and add a touch of hydration on top. And then I'm out the door.